With so much to do in the area, you really are spoilt for choice to fill your time with us. Below you will find a list of our top recommendations and some lovely ideas of ways to spend your Scottish break.
- Bring your bikes and head out for a cycle through the many local forest trails, off-road tracks and cycle routes. Alternatively, hire bikes from
http://www.escape-route.co.uk/hire-2/ Based in Dunkeld and 10 minutes drive from the cottage.
http://www.progressionbikesscotland.com/. Based in Pitlochry and 15 minutes drive from the cottage
- Bring your hiking boots. Pheasant cottage is ideally located on the edge of the Tay Forest Park, a few miles away from Dunkeld & Birnam famous nature walks. You will also find Loch Skiach and Little Loch Skiach a short walk up the hill at the side of the cottage. -
- Visit Dundee, Edinburgh or Glasgow, all are within an hour and 15 minutes drive away from the cottage -
- Take a trip to St Andrew's -
- Explore the Cairngorms national park, a short distance north from the cottage -
- Explore some Highland walks and munros and cycle routes. You can find some great walks through Walkhighlands great guides. -
- The city of Perth is 30 minutes drive away, with excellent shops, restaurants, theatres and indoor sports facilities -
- Visit Dalguise Fishing Club, Beatrix Potters most favoured fishing spot! (Find out more here) -
- Various water sport activities are on offer along the River Tay and Loch Tay, these include salmon fishing, rafting, canoeing, tubing, swimming, boating -