Stay and fish with Pheasant Cottage and Dalguise Fishing.Read More
You won't find it difficult to unearth a whole host of great restaurants, bars and delis in the local area, but here are a few of our favorites that have been tried and tested.
- Duo Deli, Perth -
There are so many wonderful sights to see in Perthshire. Here are a few of our favorites to get you started on your journey of exploration in Scotland. We recommed that you don't miss out on seeing these.
- Visit Dunkeld and see the Cathedral, walk along the River Tay and explore the village -
- National Trust Scotland have several locations locally including The Hermitage waterfalls and Pine Cone Point -
- The village of Kenmore and Loch Tay are a close distance to Pheasant Cottage. If you continue your drive down the north side of the Loch, the village of Killin is worth a visit. -
- Take in the local villages of Aberfeldy and Pitlochry, which include an art-deco cinema, outdoor festival theatre, many shops, bars and restaurants, woodland walks and the world famous salmon fishing ladder -
- Blair Atholl village and castle is a must see and provides many sporting activities, walks and cycle routes -
- House of Bruar with its many shops and eateries is a short drive north of Pheasant Cottage -
With so much to do in the area, you really are spoilt for choice to fill your time with us. Below you will find a list of our top recommendations and some lovely ideas of ways to spend your Scottish break.
- Bring your bikes and head out for a cycle through the many local forest trails, off-road tracks and cycle routes. Alternatively, hire bikes from
http://www.escape-route.co.uk/hire-2/ Based in Dunkeld and 10 minutes drive from the cottage.
http://www.progressionbikesscotland.com/. Based in Pitlochry and 15 minutes drive from the cottage
- Bring your hiking boots. Pheasant cottage is ideally located on the edge of the Tay Forest Park, a few miles away from Dunkeld & Birnam famous nature walks. You will also find Loch Skiach and Little Loch Skiach a short walk up the hill at the side of the cottage. -
- Visit Dundee, Edinburgh or Glasgow, all are within an hour and 15 minutes drive away from the cottage -
- Take a trip to St Andrew's -
- Explore the Cairngorms national park, a short distance north from the cottage -
- Explore some Highland walks and munros and cycle routes. You can find some great walks through Walkhighlands great guides. -
- The city of Perth is 30 minutes drive away, with excellent shops, restaurants, theatres and indoor sports facilities -
- Visit Dalguise Fishing Club, Beatrix Potters most favoured fishing spot! (Find out more here) -
- Various water sport activities are on offer along the River Tay and Loch Tay, these include salmon fishing, rafting, canoeing, tubing, swimming, boating -